The last time you talked to a girl, were you gossiping about math homework, mentioning the dentist appointment, and then cracking your ankles as the girl stared at the floor in awkward silence?
Don’t worry, every kid has been here before. It’s okay if your last conversation wasn’t as exciting as the new Hunger Games, but if you prepare and make an effort the next time you talk to a girl,
she’ll definitely be intrigued.
Table Of Contents
19 How To Talk To A Girl Keep From Getting Bored
1. Make Your Approach.
In any moment that you see a good opportunity to have a private conversation with someone you care about, even if there are other people around, be sure to seize it. Take the time to talk.
- Get your attention. Be assertive and call her by name while wearing a smile on your face. She seems happy to see you.
- You know her. She starts walking as soon as she recognizes you. Don’t expect her to come to you. To show that you are proactive and confident, bridge the gap between the two of you by approaching her first.
- If she seems upset or annoyed by your greeting, or she tries to pretend she didn’t hear you, she probably isn’t interested in meeting you. She is trying to avoid an awkward situation and you should acknowledge her feelings by moving on. You deserve someone who will be happy to see you.
2. Start With A Harmless Argument.
When you start talking to a girl, find a simple topic that the two of you can talk about normally without being embarrassed.
Don’t tell her about your weird rash on her back, nor ask her about her experience more embarrassing than her. You can save these things for when you get to know each other better.
Stick to adult topics that can still lead to interesting conversations and make the girl feel comfortable with her. Don’t use vulgar expressions. She wants to be treated like a lady!
Here are some very safe and fun topics to get you started:
- Your favorite bands
- Movies you’ve watched recently
- Your pets
- Your brothers
- What did you do this weekend or what are you going to do next weekend
- Your plans for the next vacation
3. Avoid Topics That Are Too Personal.
Avoiding personal arguments and starting with simple arguments go hand in hand. Sure, after you get to know each other better,
you can have more in-depth conversations, but for now it’s best not to talk about any deaths in the family, your first love, your strange illness or your fear of death.
If you’re feeling on the same page as the girl from the start, you’ve probably worked the small talk faster and managed to get to the most important things.
However, you shouldn’t talk about personal matters if you are just starting to talk to the girl, otherwise she may retire.
- It’s okay if she brings a personal matter and is eager to talk about it, so you can follow the conversation and see where she is taking her. But she still tries to be careful.
- Pay attention to the girl’s facial expression and body language. If she shrinks or seems angry when you ask her for something that you consider harmless, then this is most likely a sensitive subject for her.
Maintaining a positive smile and attitude will pique the girl’s interest and she will likely keep talking to you. You don’t need to smile a lot until your cheeks go numb.
Smile whenever it’s appropriate. Show the girl that you really enjoy talking to her and it makes her feel good. Maybe you are so nervous that you forget to smile, so keep yourself in check.
- Smiling is especially important when you start talking to a girl and at the end of a conversation. It is important to start and stop strongly.
5. Make Eye Contact.
Looking a girl in her eyes is the key to making her feel important and like she cares about what she is saying.
You may feel shy talking to her and end up looking at her feet or the area around her because you are too scared to look her in the face. However, you need to try to break this habit as often as possible.
You don’t need to give her an intense, loving look every time she talks, otherwise she might seem scary. Instead, she tries to make eye contact when she speaks, so that she feels taken seriously.
6. Ask Her Questions.
It is vital that the girl feels special as soon as possible. You can show her that you really care by asking her questions. You can ask questions about her or about the things she has done recently.
She doesn’t have to be too personal, in fact she can’t be, but you should make an effort to show her you’re trying to get to know her better.
If she doesn’t ask you anything, you can stop asking questions for a while, otherwise she might feel questioned.
Here are some things you can ask her:
- Your favorite hobbies and interests
- Your favorite bands, books or shows
- Your favorite subject
- Your dream job
- Your best friends
- Your plans
7. Compliment Her.
When you’re done talking, you can give the girl a little compliment to make her feel appreciated. But you shouldn’t overdo it or praise it if you’re not being sincere.
You can compliment her sweater, her new hairstyle, a piece of jewelry, or one of her personality traits. But you shouldn’t be too explicit (“You’ve got nice legs”), or she’ll end up feeling uncomfortable.
Choose something adult-friendly and tell her that you would like to show that you care about her but don’t want to push her beyond her limits.
- One compliment per conversation is a good goal. After all, you don’t want to make her feel like you’re buried in her praise or give the impression that you’re not serious.
8. Find Common Ground.
With the conversation going, you can start looking for common ground so you can talk to the girl about something else too.
You don’t really need to have anything in common to have a good conversation, but obviously it’s a little easier to connect when you find something in common.
So how to talk to a girl, try to find something you share. It doesn’t matter if it’s your preference for a particular sport or team, the fact that you grew up in the same place or the fact that you have a friend or teacher in common.
- Talking about something you share can make you open up – realize you can have an exciting conversation and talk about new topics. For example, you might start by talking about your love for Herta BSC, then you might be sharing your craziest stories about stadium visits and from there you might end up talking about your favorite things to do in Berlin and so on.
- Instead of going out of your way to ask her if she likes the same things you like, let your similarities come naturally. Leave the paths open so the conversation isn’t interrupted if she doesn’t share your interests. Instead of “Have you seen Frozen? This is my favorite movie. To say, you might ask, “Have you seen anything interesting lately?”
9. Ask For Her Opinion.
This is another way to keep the conversation going and show the girl that you really enjoy talking to her and that she means something to you.
If you ask her the full spectrum, based on what she thinks of the current political situation for her new shoes, she’ll realize that you see her as human and appreciate what she has to contribute.
She will realize that you not only want to harass her, but that you also care about her and respect her as a person.
- Do not ask questions that can only be answered with “yes” or “no”. Instead, ask open-ended questions so she can actually answer them. Try “What do you think …” instead of “Do you think …”
10. Use What Surrounds You.
If you are nervous and feel that the conversation is getting worse, look around and try to take advantage of the people around you.
Maybe there’s a concert flyer somewhere behind you and you can ask the girl if she likes the band. Or you are near a bar and you can ask if she goes there sometimes to read.
You may notice that she is wearing the sweater at your sister’s school and you can ask her about her connection with the school.
However, once a conversation has started, you shouldn’t be looking at the world absently. Only when you run out of things to talk about can you start using some clues from the things around you.
- This is a creative way to keep the girl interested and encourage her to keep talking. You will also be impressed by their cunning.
11. Make Her Laugh.
If you want to keep the girl’s interest, it doesn’t hurt to make her laugh. If you make her laugh, she’ll want to keep talking to you, so keep an eye out for opportunities to bring in some humor.
You can laugh a little at yourself, or play a harmless joke at the expense of a common acquaintance, or just use a pun if you think she’ll be good at it. If you know a funny story that you think will make you laugh, tell it.
However, it shouldn’t be too long and complicated. Find ways to make the girl laugh, but don’t overdo it.
If you are not particularly funny by nature, she tries not to be a different person. The girl will be able to see that you are really trying and she may feel sorry for you.
Instead, be yourself and if you can make the girl laugh like that, then that’s great.
- If you don’t know the girl very well, don’t make fun of her unless they are already flirting or making fun of each other. She can be wrong and offended, and you definitely don’t want that.
12. You Let Her Talk.
You can get very nervous about not wanting to upset the girl, but it can make you dominate the conversation so much that she can’t talk.
But talking all the time doesn’t guarantee you’ll get her attention. Instead, take a break and create a space for silence. This gives the girl a great opportunity to say something interesting about herself.
Don’t put the whole burden on your shoulders, make sure you both talk about the same amount. If one of you is a little shy, the other can talk a little more.
- If you always talk about yourself, he will seem self-centered and won’t want to talk to you anymore.
13. Ask Them About Their Interests.
Almost every girl likes to talk about things that mean a lot to her, so be sure to ask her what her favorite hobbies are, when she comes out of her, why she likes them, and why they mean so much to her.
You don’t have to be too curious and you will see the girl’s face light up when she talks about something that is very important to her. This way the girl will feel special and you really care about what moves her.
If she doesn’t go into too much detail about her interests, you can share yours too.
14. Show Her What Makes You Special.
It is not necessary to perform a back flip to leave a lasting impression. However, when the conversation is over, you want the girl to know you a little bit better and what makes you different from the other guys out there.
It could be your sense of humor, your charm, or your passion for the guitar. Whatever it is, share it with her and show who you really are.
This way she will keep fond memories of your last conversation and she will have something to talk about the next time she sees you.
- She doesn’t need to know everything about you at the end of a ten to fifteen minute conversation, but she should have learned at least one or two interesting things about you after the conversation. If you talked all the time, it would be difficult to really know each other.
15. Don't Try Too Hard.
Remember to relax and be yourself. The girl is probably just as nervous as you are. You don’t have to tell fictional stories to get her attention or talk about things you don’t like, like motorcycles, just because you think they make you look cool.
Also, you shouldn’t swear or say bad things about others just because you think she will get their attention. Take a deep breath, relax, and talk about things you would talk about with any other friend, instead of putting on a show in front of the girl.
- If she tries too hard, the girl will notice. Your goal should be to let her know that you enjoy talking to her, without showing that the conversation is important to you.
16. Be Positive.
If you think the conversation is about to end, be positive no matter what you’re talking about. If you’ve spent the last five minutes complaining about your parents, teachers, the weather, or anything else that depresses you, it won’t make the girl too optimistic.
You want her to leave the conversation in a good mood, reminding her that talking to you was a lot of fun and not annoying or even painful.
- If you feel the need to venture into something, you can – but only in moderation – if you are both angry about the same thing. However, she tries to save your negative thoughts about someone who knows you best.
17. Keep Your Trust.
Be confident in the conversation. Show the girl that you really believe what you say and that you are satisfied with being who you are.
When she passes it, she realizes that you are a guy who is comfortable with her in her own skin and who is funny and easy to talk to.
If you’re nervous and downplay yourself or make comments that you can’t find a topic to talk about, she’ll feel uncomfortable and she’ll be less likely to want to talk to you again.
- You don’t have to act like you’re the coolest guy in the world or cool enough to be a movie star. She shows that you are happy, you are. The rest will come naturally.
- There is a difference between showing off and being confident. If you brag too much, the girl will get angry.
18. Say Goodbye If You're Still Having Fun.
This way you will make a good impression. If the conversation is going well and you feel like you’re having too much fun and clicking, tell the girl you really enjoyed talking to her, but now you need to leave.
It may seem ridiculous to disappear in the middle of an incredible conversation, but that’s exactly why you should walk away if you want to make an unforgettable impression on her.
If you wait too long, you will find that the conversation will drag on or you will have nothing more to say. So why would she want to talk to you again later? She waits to get along and tell her as best you can that you have to leave.
If you are feeling really brave and the conversation is great, you might as well have the courage to ask her if she would like to go out with you.
19. Walk Away.
The last thing you want to do is leave her with a bit of uncertainty, so tell her that you will call or otherwise contact her soon and let the smile and the hello at the end show that you enjoyed your time with her.
Hopefully, within a week or two, she will want to go out on a date with you again.
The Bottom Line
With these things to talk to a girl about, you will find your possibilities are endless. Now that you know how to talk to a girl, the time has come for you to meet some people and put it into practice. Whenever you talk with a girl, it gets a little bit easier.
It’s true that knowing how to interact with girls for the sake of finding one is a good way to meet someone, but it shouldn’t be your only goal.
If you learn how to converse with girls so you can become a better conversationalist and more balanced person, romance will come naturally.
In the end, what you say doesn’t matter as much as how you say it. No matter how mundane the conversation may seem, your mannerisms and general demeanor will keep her interested.
Believe in yourself and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
People Also Questions
Just be cool when you start the conversation . Don’t bring up serious topics until you get to know them better. When you talk to a girl it’s not much different than when you talk to any other person. Just be sincere and kind to her.
But now you’ve woken up and read: I love you very much! sweet smile, so he kisses you awake and wishes you a nice morning! I send you a morning greeting through space and time, the time has come. I wish you a nice day that may bring you good luck.
make holes in women but not only with questions but also give her to learn something about you personally the opportunity. You can do this by linking your question to them with a statement about yourself. Examples are: What was your best vacation?
First of all: contacting total strangers on Facebook usually comes off pretty strange. Therefore, show her in your message that you are aware of this taboo violation. For example, write to her: “Hi, of course, normally you don’t just write to complete strangers.